- What is O.I.L.R?Open or Close
O.I.L.R. stands for Oklahoma Independent Living Resources. We are a group of dedicated professionals from many different fields who want to make sure you’re able to live independently in your own home for as long as possible.
- Are members of O.I.L.R. certified?Open or Close
Yes, our members are certified and have been working with members of our community for many years. We all do our absolute best to make sure you know exactly what needs to be done and why. We work with everyone to give them the best possible experience.
- What is Aging in Place?Open or Close
Aging in Place is a term for those who are looking stay in one spot as they grow older. Be it near a family member, or in a community they’ve always lived in, people have many different reasons for wanting to remain in the same home as they age.
- How can an Aging in Place specialist help me?Open or Close
A specialist can take a look at your home and life and let you know what issues you may see ten, twenty, or more years down the road.
- What sort of problems should I be worried about?Open or Close
Things like poor lighting and narrow steps can cause many issues to a senior living on their own. One accidental fall could end up costing thousands in hospital bills which could have been prevented by spending much less on home modifications earlier.
- On average, at what age do people think about staying in one place?Open or Close
90% of people age 45+ want to remain in their current home and community for as long as possible.
- How common is it for a senior to fall?Open or Close
1/3rd of adults age 65 and older fall each year.
- How often do seniors injure themselves when they fall?Open or Close
20% to 30% of falls by adults age 65 and older result in injuries that make it difficult to live independently.
- How much do assisted living and nursing homes cost?Open or Close
$36,000 or more per year is the average cost one of these two options.
- How can O.I.L.R. and it’s Aging in Place specialists help?Open or Close
30% to 50% of accidents among seniors in their homes can be prevented with home modifications and repairs.
We pride ourselves on giving the most helpful information possible. Please feel free to contact us at any time through either our online form or by calling us at 405-219-0884.
We would be happy to help you and answer any questions you may have about O.I.L.R. or Aging in Place.